Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

JR PASS AND INTINERARY

Hi All,
Me my girlfriend and a friend we are going for a week in Japan.
We are arriving in Tokyo on the morning of the 18th of April.
Our Itinerary: as soon as we arrive straight to Kyoto. We are thinking to use Kyoto as a base where to sleep and do day trips around.
19th Nara, 20 Himeji and 21 leave early and go to Fuji , finally 22-23 and 24 Tokyo.
My questions are few, if you could kindly give me some tips.
1- All itineraries that I mention are they cover by the Japan Rail Card?
2- Does Nara and Himeji can bee seen in one day, or is better to leave out one of the two and see Kyoto during the day?
3- To go and see the Fuji mountain is better a day trip or sleep a night around?

Many Thanks in advance!!!

Saverio

Comments

• Options
    Dear Saverio,

Thank you for contacting us.

1) Yes, all itineraries that you have mentioned are covered by the Japan Rail Pass.

2) I would not recommend doing Nara and Himeji in one day because it will take you 1.5-2 hours just to go from Nara to Himeji. Depending on what your interests are, I would choose one of the two to spend a whole day in.

3) Regarding Mt. Fuji, it would be better to go there on a day trip as you can see the view of the mountain during day time. For more information on spending time in Mt. Fuji, please click here: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2172.html

Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best,

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Hi There ,
    many thanks for your response!! we will buy definitely 3 Rail card!!
    Can I please ask you between Nara and Himeji which one is your favourite?
    Thanks Again!
    Saverio
  • Options
    Hi,

It really depends on what interests you! Due to its past as the first permanent capital of Japan, Nara is full of historic treasures, including some of Japan's oldest and largest temples. Todaiji and its huge Buddha is an amazing sight, and Nara Park with its freely-roaming deer is lovely.

Himeji on the other hand is most famous for its stunning white castle, widely considered to be Japan's most beautiful surviving feudal castle. The castle is both a national treasure and a UNESCO world heritage site.

Both have a lot to offer, but if I had to choose it'd probably be Nara...

Best,
    Japan Experience