Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

Be mindful of the refund...

17 Dec 2014: I ordered two 5-day Takayama-Hokuriku Tourist Pass which were couriered to me via FedEx 22 Dec: The delivery arrived at my workplace in Sydney.
27 Dec 2014 to 10 Jan 2015: I travelled in Japan between and due to change of itinerary I didn't exchange the passes.
12 Jan: I wrote an email to inquire about refund because the terms and conditions say that within one year of issue an exchange order can be returned for a refund (purchase price less 10% cancellation fee) has it not been exchanged for Japan Rail Pass. This was confirmed in the reply to ,e by Sarah R**f.
16 Jan: I posted the unused passes to their office in Paris as advised by Sarah for their processing.
31 Jan: Sarah wrote me an email saying that they had received my returned passes and had processed the refund to the credit card I used when making original purchase.
11 Feb: I had not received the refund in my credit card account and therefore send an email to inquire by also providing my credit card number for them to check if the refund had been made to the right card, to which Sarah replied that she would check with her accounts and get back to me "as soon as possible".
16 Feb: Sarah informed me in an email: "I just checked and the refund was made on the 30th Jan, onto the card that you paid with. I'm going to get a scan of the refund and email it over once I've received it."
26 Feb: 10 day passed since Sarah's last reply and I hadn't received further contact let alone the refund and hence wrote to complain, to which Sarah wrote back by saying "I've asked my accounts team to send through a screen shot for your reference of the refund. I'll chase them again tomorrow. Sorry for the delay."
3 Mar, by this time I am writing this. Nothing has come to me yet.
I can understand refund would take longer than making purchase where they just snap your money. It happens to every vendor. But this had become ridiculous because it has taken more than reasonable time e.g. for getting a scan copy of the refund payment. I can't help but wonder what is this all about...

Comments