Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Online Reservations to Kanazawa

I want to use the JR Green Pass to travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa and back. I can't seem to find that route on the JR online reservation system. Is there another way to make the reservation before I get to Japan?

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Train reservations can not be made outside of Japan, and especially before you have exchanged your voucher for the Japan Rail Pass. Once you are in Japan, and have the pass in hand, you can start making reservations in advance.

Have a great trip!

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Hi, I spent my new years eve in Kyoto, so probably I would like to go to Hiroshima on a daily trip. Do you suggest use a jrpass? My intentions is to go to Nara and Osaka, Kobe and probably Kanazawa, do you suggest use a Kansai pass for take a train. I'll stay in Kyoto for 1 week. Mano thanks for your help :)
  • Options
    Hello

As you are travelling to Hiroshima unfortunately the JR Kansai Pass wouldn't cover the journey to Hiroshima or Kanazawa.

If you decide to not travel to Kanazawa you can use the JR Sanyo Sanin Pass this would cover Nara, Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima. You can find information on this pass here: https://www.japan-rail-pass.com/pass-regional/sanyo/jr-sanyo-sanin-area-pass.

If you would like to travel to Kanazawa it would be cheaper and easier to get a 7 day national JR Pass. This would cover all the areas.

Hope that helps.

Japan Experience.