Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

14 days in Japan

Hi,
I plan to come to Japan in Nov/Dec. I will be landing in KIX, spend 4 nights in Osaka, 3 nights in Kyoto, 5 nights in Hakone and 2 nights in Nagoya before flying home from KIX.

In Osaka, my plan is as follows:

Day 1: Day trip to Himeji Castle, then to Kobe for dinner
Day 2: Hiroshima day trip and Miyajima island
Day 3: Universal Studio

In Kyoto, Hakone and Nagoya, I intend to take day trips around the areas.

Can you advise whether I should buy the 14 days JR Pass for my family of 3? Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,
    You'd get very good value on a 14 day pass.
    Although 5 nights in Hakone is serious overkill. With that amount of time, you can easily see both Hakone and the Fuji 5 Lakes area. You could even take a day and see Kamakura/Enoshima. The Odakyu passes can save you money in all 3 of those areas.
    http://www.odakyu.jp/english/deels/

For Himeji, don't miss the Kokoen Garden next to the castle. Nagoya is perhaps the least interesting, but there is Inuyama nearby to see the nice original castle as well as Meiji Mura.
    Just make sure you are back in Osaka within 14 days. I counted your trip with 14 nights (which means 15 days?) To avoid any confusion please remember that a day of the pass starts and ends at midnight. The day you activate it for to use counts as Day One - which starts and ends at midnight. So if you activate it to use it that day at 6 PM, your first "day" is just 6 hours long.
  • Hi,

If I purchase a 5 days JR Kansai Wide area Pass, does this pass cover local train and bus ride?