Our family of 4 is traveling to Japan on 10/6 leaving on 10/14. Our itinerary is as follows:
10/6 Arrive in NRT at 2pm - need transport o Tokyo (Hibya Line: Hiro-o station), settle in family in hotel
10/7-10/9 Tour Tokyo using public transport / packaged tours
10/10 - Train to Kyoto
10/12 - Train to Tokyo
10/14 - Transport from Tokyo to NRT for departure at 7pm
My questions are:
- Is the 7-day JR Pass worth the cost for our family of 4?
- Would you recommend activation on 10/7 and bus from NRT to our hotel on 10/6?
- How useful is the JR Pass for subway travel within Tokyo?
- Are there stops along the way between Tokyo and Kyoto that folks would recommend?
- Is the upgraded JR Pass worth the cost for a family of 4 with older kids?
Mahalo for the advice!