Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

What travel Pass?

We wil be in Japan for 8 days.
We arrive Osaka and go to Kyoto then to Takyama and on to Tokyo, leaving from Narita Int Airport.
We are planning to travel by train.
Which travel pass.... any ideas

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

As you are travelling through different regions, we would advise getting the national JR Pass, which covers the whole country.

Kind regards,

Japan Experience
  • Options
    We will fly in to Osaka for 5 days and then to Kyoto for 4 days. We will return to Osaka for our flight out from Japan.

May I know which travel pass should we buy for this? Thanks
  • Options
    hi, i'll fly to Japan from Manila
    we are 4 people parents and 2 kids
    we will be in osaka from Jul 22 2015- Jul 25 2015 for 3 days
    then tokyo from Jul 25 2015 - Jul 31 2015 for 6 days

we'll travel from osaka to tokyo by plane maybe

can you give advise me which is better taken

I think Jr pass Regional pass for osaka 3 days and tokyo get a suica card
  • Options
    Hi Mic,

We would suggest either purchasing single tickets or the Kansai Area Pass, depending on whichever is cheapest. You can check train fares on www.hyperdia.com and then compare it against the price of a rail pass.
    http://www.japan-rail-pass.com/pass-regional/kansai/jr-kansai-area-pass

Kind regards,

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Hi Adel5560,

Depending on if you plan on visiting any other cities other than Osaka and Tokyo, and you are flying between those two cities, you may not need a rail pass at all. You can purchase a pasmo card, which works in both Tokyo and Osaka.
    http://www.japan-rail-pass.com/services/pasmocard

Kind regards,

Japan Experience
  • Options
    thanks mr

you mean i don't need jr regional pass in kensai for 3 days

• Options
    Hello,
    Travelling to Japan next year in April, Arriving in Tokyo then after a few days in Tokyo start the Jr pass for 7 days to travel to Kyoto and then would like to go from Kyoto to Yadanaka and stay in Shibu Onsen for 2 nights visiting the snow monkey park then returning to Tokyo. Will the Jr pass be valid to travel from Kyoto to Yadanaka? I cannot find a list of included trains and routes i can use with the pass? Can you please help? Thank you!
    IlPazzo
  • Options
    Hi
    coming to tokyo for 2 days and then going to osaka. will be travelling in osaka from osaka to kobe and osaka to suntory distillerary . some local city travel in osaka. we will be in osaka for 5 days.can i use the pass for tokyo to osaka on shinkasen. osaka to kansai airport.
  • Options
    Ilpazzo - You can take a JR train from Kyoto up to Nagano Stn., and then you need to pay to take another train or bus the rest of the way.

Gpmeeta - you can use the pass to go between Tokyo and Osaka, but for just a one way itinerary for that distance, or without extending much further (like a day trip or overnight to Hiroshima/Miyajima) a 7 day Pass would be much more expensive than regular fare tickets.
  • Options
    Hello,

I will arrive in Japan on June 20th and will depart on June 26th stay for 5 days.

5 nights in Tokyo & 1 night at Kyoto/Osaka or Planning to Mt Fuji.

What kind of PASS/card should I purchase? Is it worthwhile to purchase a JR Rail pass or buy a Suica card?

Itinerary:
    Day 1: June 20, arrive at Narita 18:30 Airport to Tokyo/Shinagawa (overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 2: June 21, Tokyo (overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 3: June 22, Tokyo (Overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 4: June 23, Tokyo (Overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 5: June 24, Kyoto/Osaka or Mt Fuji
    Day 6: June 25, Tokyo (Overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 7: June 26 Tokyo- Narita Airport

Thanks for your advise.
  • Options
    Hi We are traveling to Japan in October and plan to stay 5 days in Nagoya, 5 days Tokyo, 5 days Kyoto then back to Nagoya. We will be doing a lot of day trips as well. What rail pass would be best to get? Thank you.