Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

Help please Going from Narita airport to Kyoto

I was looking up the train lines, I have a ticket for the Keisei Skyliner and I need to know can I get off in Ueno and which train to I board to kyoto my destination stop is Katsuragawa station. please any help because the Hyperdai is no help at all

Comments

• Hi,
    Ueno Stn is a shinkansen station but not for the shinkansen heading south to Kyoto. So you'd need to get on the JR Yamanote Line from Ueno (or Joban Line to Shinagawa, or bullet train) and take a train to either Tokyo Stn or Shinagawa Stn and catch the bullet train to Kyoto. Once there, you need to pay for the subway. Katsuragawa Station is a Hankyu Railways station, not JR, and no way to easily board a Hankyu train anywhere - that is probably why you are not getting any usable results on Hyperdia. The closest subway station is Shijo - from there, it is less than a 1 minute walk to Katsuragawa Station.
    So using Hyperdia, it should look something like this:
    http://bit.ly/2mDAsNL

It's unclear if you'd be using the JR Pass for your travel. If you were, using the Keisei instead of the Narita Express makes no sense. At any rate, if you are, under "More Options", be sure to uncheck the Nozomi box since you can't ride that train using the pass.

Hope that helps.