Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

Booking using JR Pass

I'm going to be in Japan from Dec 27 through Jan 6 with my family which I'm told is a vey buys time to be taking the bullet train.
Was planning on buying the Green pass in the hopes that booking sets will be a bit easier ( website suggests it) but was wondering whether we could use the green pass to book an economy seat if Green carriage is full?
Thanks for any information!
N.

Comments

• It certainly is possible, although there is no refund of any kind if you do. If you really want to maximize your chances of getting a seat on a train that you want, as soon as you activate your pass, you can reserve seats on the trains you plan to take. It does mean sticking strictly to a schedule, but it is possible.
    You can see regular fares, routes and schedules on Hyperdia.
    http://www.hyperdia.com
    Under "More Options", be sure to uncheck the Nozomi box since you can't ride that train using the pass.

In addition to the trains, some places will be closed at the end of the year through the first couple days of the New Year. Make sure you look at the websites of the places you will go and verify that they will be open first.