My itinerary for November 2015:

21) Tokyo (fly into Narita)
22) Tokyo
23) Tokyo
24) Tokyo
25) Tokyo - Kyoto
26) Kyoto
27) Kyoto - Hakone
28) Hakone - Tokyo (fly out in the evening)

I was thinking of getting a 7 Day pass but I'm not sure when the best time to activate it would be since we're there for 8 days.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Lauren

Comments

• Options
    Hi Lauren

I would exchange the pass so that the last four days the pass will be active. If you exchange it on the 22 November your pass will be valid and you can use the JR Yamanote Line and the Monorail in Tokyo, using your pass. The most expensive part of the trip will be the longer distance train journeys, Kyoto, Hakone back to Tokyo so you want those to be covered. Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience.
  • Options
    This is my first time visit to Japan. Arriving on 28-March morning in Sapporo. Depart Sapporo-Shin Chitose 8-Apr early morning back to my home country. Following my planned itinerary:-

28-Mar 2016 - Overnite Hakodate- 1 Nite

29-Mar 2016 - Nite Train to Tokyo. Please advise what Train to board when in Hakodate or Shin Amori. What is the name of the nite train from Shin Amori to Tokyo and time table please if train still in operation

30 & 31Mar + 1 Apr - Tokyo. Day trip to Mt Fuji. -.Sightseeing Tokyo

2+3 Apr - Osaka + Kyoto

4-Apr- Tokyo

5-Apr - nite train from Tokyo to Hakodate. Then day train to Sapporo.

6+7 Apr - Sapporo

8-Apr - Depart for my home country.

Can you give your best opinion regarding my suggested itinerary.
    I have a total of Full 11 Days.
    Can you suggest whether it is cheaper for me to buy 7Days or 14 Days JR Train Ticket.

Alternatively do you think it is cheaper if I buy 1-Way budget airline and fly to Sapporo from Haneda airport after Tokyo.

Appreciate your best suggestion based on my interest in visiting all these cities in Japan within 11 full days.

Thank you.
    Catherine

• Options
    If i buy the 7days JR Ticket when should I start my journey based on my suggested itinerary.