Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Osaka-Kyoto-Hiroshima-Takayama-Tokyo

Hi

My family is planning a 11 Days trip to Japan from 25 Jan to 4 Feb '16.
Our itinerary is as below. Not sure if a 7 Days JR Pass is idea or do we need to add-on other pass. Or should we buy the adhoc tickets as we move around. Your advise on the most cost saving pass to cover the trip is greatly appreciated.

4 nights in Osaka, staying near Shin-Osaka:
25 Jan - Osaka (arriving via KIX airport late 21.30pm)
26 Jan - Osaka (sightseeing)
27 Jan - Osaka to Kyoto for sightseeing and back to Osaka at night
28 Jan - Osaka to Hiroshima for sightseeing and back to Osaka at night

2 nights in Takayama:
29 Jan - Check out Osaka to Takayama
30 Jan - Takayama

4 nights in Tokyo, staying near Shinjuku:
31 Jan - Checkout Takayama to Tokyo
1 Feb - Tokyo (Disney SEA)
2 Feb - Tokyo (Mt Fuji, booking day tour with an agent)
3 Feb - Tokyo, F&E day
4 Feb - Checkout Tokyo to Haneda Airport (Is taking the Airport Limousine a better choice? Saw from your website that you do sell Airport Limo coupon.)

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks & best regards,
BetBless

Comments

• Options
    Hi BetBless

The 7 day Japan Rail Pass would be the cheapest option for your travels as you are crossing a few regions. You can activate it when you arrive in Osaka that would cover your journey into Osaka from the airport, then on the last day that would be the last long journey from Takayama to Tokyo.

For inner city travel in Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Tokyo it is best to use a prepaid top-up card, Pasmo.

For your journey to the airport it can be easier to get the limousine bus as they pick up from most hotels. This is particularly useful if you have a lot of luggage. Please be aware that they only run at particular times. You can check the timetable from the hotel on the website here: https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/bus_services/haneda/index.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Thanks much for your advise.

Best regards
    BetBless
  • Options
    I saw your upcoming trip and it sounds lovely! I might suggest that you plan exactly where you want to go in Kyoto, such as the top spots eg. Fushimi Inari or Kyomizudera Temple. It's only 1 hour so it's easy, but if you haven't been to Kyoto, it's set up North, East, South, West etc. Also, the day trip to Hiroshima is going to be tough as you don't want to miss Miyajima Island. Takayama is lovely, and please visit the Morning market on the Miyagawa. I was just there last week. Have fun!
  • Options
    Hi Mozartrules
    Thanks for your suggestions. I will definitely take into consideration those places you mentioned. Looking forward to the upcoming trip.
    Have a wonderful X'mas & Happy 2016 I advance!