Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

JR rail pass

Hi,
My trip will be in Jan 29th.
Can I use the 5 day pass from Chubu Intl Airport to Nagoya, for the Meitetsu or other trains.

Also can it be used for Hikari / kodama Shinkansen direct Nagoya to Kyoto (50mins?).

Is possible, how do I book for the Kyoto journey with same day return?

Thnak you very much.

Comments

• Hello

Are you referring to the Takayama Hokuriku Pass? If so, unfortunately you cannot use this pass from Chubu International Airport to Nagoya,
    as it is not connected by JR lines. You cannot use this pass on the Meitetsu pass.

The Takayama Hokuriku Pass cannot be used on the line that runs directly from Nagoya to Kyoto. The only pass that would cover this line would be the national Japan Rail Pass, which is available for 7, 14 or 21 days. You can use the national JR Pass on the Hikari and Kodama Shinkansen.

If you purchased the JR Pass you can make reservations in Japan, for free, when you have exchanged the voucher for the pass. You can find the schedules and fares for the trains on this website www.hyperdia.com.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Hi, would like to check with you will there be a problem if the name in the JR pass differ from the passport.
    Example:
    Passport name: Wong Ah Beng
    JR Pass name: Ah Beng Wong
    =.=lll
    Thank you.
  • what i mean is the name on the exchange order for the JR Pass. Thanks!
  • As long as it is just the wrong way around but it's spelt the same as the passport, JR will accept it.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Hi, noted and thank you for that!
    :-)