Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Busy Schedule

Hi,

I would appreciate some opinions on my itinerary. Is it too busy/ do you have suggestions of alterations I could make?

Would the 14 day JR pass be best? What other transport passes would you recommend in addition to a national JR pass (e.g. Day passes and their names)?

Date: Location
27/3: Arrive Tokyo
30/3: Travel Tokyo - Osaka
31/3: Day trip from Osaka to Hiroshima (including Miyajima)
1/4: Day trip from Osaka to Himeji, stopping at Kobe for dinner
2/4: Travel Osaka - Kyoto
4/4: Day at Arashiyama area
5/4: Day trip from Kyoto to either Nara deer park area OR Mount Yoshino
6/4: Travel Kyoto - Hakone
8/4: Travel Hakone - Tokyo
10/4: Depart Tokyo for home

Thanks so much in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Dear Thuyvu

Your itinerary looks great. The only thing I would say would be the day in Hiroshima and Miyajima you may not be able to fit everything that you would like to visit in just one day. But this does depend on what you would like to do. It would be best to make a list of the things you would like to see and make a reasonable schedule.

It takes 92 mins from Shin Osaka. The trains start at 06.03 in the morning and the last train is at 21:58 from Hiroshima. To get to Miyajima you will need to catch the train from Hiroshima to Miyajimaguchi Station, which takes about 25 mins. From here you can take the ferry (using your JR Pass). The ferry takes 10 mins.

The national JR Pass would be best for your trip as you are traveling around a lot. If you got the 14 day pass you could either activate it on the 27th or a 28th depending on which journey to the airport you would like the JR Pass to cover.

For traveling within the cities I would recommend a Pasmo card, a pre-paid that will work in Tokyo and other large cities, as your JR Pass will not cover things like the Tokyo Metro.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Thanks, Japan Experience! Your response makes me feel more confident and at ease with my itinerary! I will definitely be purchasing the 14 day pass and passmo card in the near future.