Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

Opinion on My Itinerary

Hi, I'll be travelling to Japan on the following itinerary. Is it feasible?

1st - 4th: Narita / Chiba (believe I can take the JR?) will be attending the Inba Eco Marathon

4th: Narita - Osaka: how long is the journey? can we reach in the day so we will only need to 2 nights in Osaka?
5th: Kyoto (day trip) - Osaka
6th: Depart Osaka for Tokya (JR): Train ride is only 1hour right?
- was thinking of going to view Mt. Fuji on that day as well.
7th: Tsujiki Fish Market: Do I need to buy tickets for this?
9th: Departure

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi NIQ_NIQUE

Yes this itinerary is feasible. To get from Narita you will need to travel into Tokyo to take the train to Osaka. This journey takes 180 minutes so it is possible to do this in a day.

You can see the train schedule on this website www.hyperdia.com.

You want to be sure you can access to the trains for free with a Japan Rail Pass :
    - In “search details”, unclick “Nozomi, Mizuho, Hayabusa Shinkansen” and “private railway”.
    - The search result will show you all the trains you can access with a Japan Rail Pass.

For Mt. Fuji, the nearest shinkansen station is Odawara. Again if you were traveling from Chiba you would need to travel into Tokyo first then out to Odawara. Odawara is between Tokyo and Osaka and on the same line.

For Tsukiji Fish Market the outside wholesale market it open from 5:00 to 14:00. If you would like to see the tuna auction you will need to apply for Osakana Fukyu Center at the market from 5a.m. There is a limited number of people who are allowed to enter, 120 so it's best to go early to avoid disappointment.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience