Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Tokyo - Osaka - Tokyo for 11 days

Hi!
I will be travelling to Japan from 17 - 27 March 2016.
I will be landing in Narita airport at 8am 17.3.16 and departing from Haneda airport at 10:00pm 27.3.16.

I would like to go to the following places during my 11 days trip:
1) Tokyo (Shinjuku/Shibuya/Roppongi/Tsukiji)
20 Osaka (3 days - Kyoto/Nara/Osaka/Universal Studios Japan)
3) Mount Fuji / Gala Yuzawa *optional
4) Disneysea

However, I am not sure whether I should get the 7 or 14 days JR Pass.
I am also not too sure how should I travel:
narita > tokyo > osaka > tokyo> haneda OR
narita > osaka > tokyo > haneda

Please do advise, thank you very much!

Comments

• Options
    Hi MISSYC

The best pass for your journey would be the national Japan Rail Pass. The order of travel is really up to you, there is no better or worse way to do it. However if you are travelling from a long way you maybe quite tired from your flight, so it maybe best to stay in Tokyo at the beginning of your trip.

If you are staying in Tokyo at either the beginning or end of your trip for a few days and can get all your travel from Tokyo to Kyoto, Osaka and back to Tokyo within 7 days that would be the best solution. Then depending on your itinerary either pay for a one way to Narita or Haneda or both. This will work out cheaper than purchasing a 14 day pass.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Hi Japan Experience,
    Thank you for the speedy and detailed reply! Appreciate it :)

Another question, for travelling within Tokyo, is there any type of pass package which I can get? Or I should get another JR pass? I am very confused with the different types of trains.

Thank you so much.
  • Options
    The best thing to use for travel within cities is an IC pre-paid top card. You can use this on local public transport in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. You can purchase this online here: https://www.japan-rail-pass.com/services/pasmocard.

The JR Passes are generally great for travel between cities and towns, and IC cards are used for travel within cities.

Hope that helps

Best regards

Japan Experience