Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

need help for my 7 day itinerary

This is going to be my first time in Japan. I plan to see the Cherry Blossom, Mt. Fuji, wander around Tokyo, and maybe a sidetrip to Osaka. Which is the best train pass should I get? Can you help me arrange my itinerary as it is also required by the embassy of Japan here in Bangkok.

Comments

• Hi Alarjonah

Thank you for your message. The Japan Rail Pass is really best to travel between major cities and not within cities, as you cannot use the pass on the Tokyo Metro only the JR Yamanote line and Tokyo monorail. For use within Tokyo and Osaka the Pasmo card would be useful. You can find more information about the Pasmo card here: https://www.japan-rail-pass.com/services/pasmocard

If you did travel to Odawara (nearest shinkansen stop to Mt Fuji), Osaka and back to Tokyo, it would be worth getting the pass as it would be cheaper. However if you are only traveling to Mt Fuji then it would be best to just pay for a return in Japan.

You can use this website, www.hyperdia.com to find out the train fares.

For a suggest itinerary I would suggest for your first trip to visit Tokyo, Mt Fuji, Kyoto and Osaka. Days in the places mentioned would depend on the length of your trip. Unfortunately we can't help you book your hotel accommodation for your trip.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience