Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

Itinerary and rail pass

Hello!

I'm glad that I've came across this website! It looks wonderful! I would like to check if this itinerary is feasible. Please feel free to give recommendation so that my friends and I can save time or even money from transportation. My friends and I will be going to Japan 7-19 December 2014.

7 Dec: Osaka Airport to Tokyo.
8-11 Dec: Tokyo
11-12 Dec: Kawaguchiko
12-16 Dec: Kyoto
16-18 Dec: Osaka - We will have day trip to Nara on 17, Kobe on 18,
19 Dec: Osaka Airport (9.40am)

Could you please recommend if this itinerary is feasible or we should make some adjustment to the itinerary and also could you please recommend the train pass we should purchase?

Thank you so much for your help! Really appreciate it! :D

Comments

• Hi, thank you for your question!

Will you go to Tokyo by plane on the first day?
    In this case, as you will not at least one round trip between Tokyo and Osaka, Japan Rail Pass 7 days is not really worthwhile.
    So I recommend you buying train ticket everytime.

But if you move by train from Osaka to Tokyo on the first day, you can use Japan Rail Pass 7 days for these itinerary :

8th: Osaka to Tokyo

8-11th: in Tokyo just only JR line

11-12th: to go to Kawaguchiko until Otsuki station (you have to change to private line. for more details, please check http://www.hyperdia.com)

12th: From Kawaguchiko to Kyoto (private line + JR bullet train)

In the west side in Japan (Kyoto, Nara, Osaka and Kobe), all of cities is very close to each other. And I think the private line is more useful than JR line.
    You can also check hyperdia.com for all itinerary.

And in Kansai region, there is a pass very useful if you use a lot of train. It's Kanasai Thru Pass. This pass will be available soon on our website but it would not be ready before your trip.
    But, don't worry you can buy this pass in Japan.
    Please check this website : http://www.surutto.com/tickets/kansai_thru_english.html

If you have more question, please don't hesitate to share with us!

Have a wonderful trip!

Sincerely

Japan Experience