Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

21 day trip to Japan

Hi,
Im going to vist Japan from March 21 to April 14.
I`ll be staying in Tokyo for about 7 days: there I plan to visit different districts, such as Akihabara, Shibuya, Mikata, Kamakura, Nikko and some others...

After that we want to go to Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, and some place where we can go to the sea! (Do you recommend any beach in particular?)

My question is... which train pass should I get? I arrive at the Narita airport, can I get from the airport to my hotel in Tokyo with the JR pass? And can I travel inside Tokyo with the JR pass also?

Thanks a lot!!!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Astrid

The JR Pass would cover your travel from Narita airport to Tokyo, however if you are planning to stay in Tokyo for 7 days then this may not be the most cost effective use of the pass. The JR Pass can only be used on the JR Yamanote line and the Tokyo monorail, it cannot be used on the Tokyo Metro.

So it's best to use your JR Pass on the first long journey out of Tokyo. If you work out your itinerary then you can work out which pass would be best for you, either a 7 day or 14 day pass.

You can use this website, www.hyperdia.com, to see the fares for the journeys that you have planned and compare the prices to getting a JR Pass.

Regarding beaches near Kyoto / Osaka it will still be fairly cold in March 13C on average for that part of Japan and 20C in April. There are is a beach in Wakayama, such as Shirahama that maybe of interest http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6304.html

Hope that helps

Best regards

Japan Experience