Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

JR Railpass valid for all my trips in reserved Green car seating?

Hi, my partner and I leaving for Japan on Christmas day and I am just about to buy our railpasses. I was thinking of buying a 14day green car pass but just want some confirmation that the JR pass is valid for all the trips below and that there are green cars available for each trip. Want to make sure I am getting my money worth!

26th December Haneda Airport to Shinjuku (arriving 530am)
26 to 30th December – Shinjuku to Asakusa (a few trips back and forth to visit friends)
30th December Shinjuku to Hiroshima
1st January Hiroshima to Osaka
3rd January Osaka to Kyoto
5th January Kyoto to Hakone
6th January Hakone to Shibuya
6 to 10th January – Shibuya to Asakusa (a few trips back and forth to visit friends)

As it is a busy time of year though I can not make any bookings until I arrive on the December - do you think there will still be green car seats available?

Comments

• Options
    Hello Lforbes, thank you for your question!

You can use the JR Pass for all the travel you listed, but please just note that the last leg of travel in/out of Hakone uses a private railway (either the Hakone Tozan Railway or the Odakyu Railway). Also note that Asakusa is the subway station name (not available with a JR Pass), but the nearby JR Station is called Asakusabashi.

For all the trips on the shinkansen, you will be able to use the Green Car. There may be some trains that are full during the holiday season, but one way or another you should be able to get reservations!