Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Sim card

Hi,
If the sim card does not allow you to receive and make a call, can it allow you to send sms or text messages.
Thanks Tony

Comments

• Options
    Hi Tony

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately the SIM cards are data only, so you are unable to make call or text. You can use a app called WhatsApp to make text messages via the internet. Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Hi,
    We will be staying in Shannomiya. Is there a bus limousine we can take that can bring us to Kansai International Airport (KIX) for our 9AM flight and how long is the travel time?

Thank you Japan Experience.

Tony

• Options
    Hi Tony,

KATE (Kansai Airport Transport Enterprise) run limousine buses to KIX from many major cities in Japan. Here are the details about their service from Sannomiya: http://www.kate.co.jp/en/timetable/detail/KB

The journey takes just over one hour.

Kind Regards,

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Thank you Japan experience for the link. It is very useful.
  • Options
    I see that you cannot make or receive calls using a data only sim card but can you make and receive voip calls using Whatsapp?
  • Options
    Hi CollingwoodFC,

Sorry for the delay in replying. You can make and receive calls with WhatsApp, but only with other users of WhatsApp. This is good for calling friends who also have the app, but Skype is another great option - you can make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines using Skype credit.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Japan Experience
  • Options
    It took only two days to received SIM Card. (Considering that it is delivered from Paris France to Toronto Canada, that's super fast)
    Setting was easy, worked very well through out the country. (Well... except those area where no one lives....) very fast, much faster than those free WiFi available in big railway station.
    Only thing this Web site need to be improved is, Japanese network provider uses band 1 (2100) LTE and 3G, no where on this site mentioned about this on requirement. (Yes, it is very common, but I know some North American model doesn't support this frequency.
    Also it is not clear when the service actually starts... I think service didn't kick in/start until tablet physically connected to the network, not when APN setup completed.)
  • Options
    If I purchase SIM Card is it sent to me before I leave US or do I have to pick up (or delivered) when I get to Japan?
  • Options
    Hi Rhe,

We send you the SIM card to your address in the US before you leave. If it's too late for you to receive it there, we can ship it to you in Japan too, but it would likely be cheaper to just buy one when you get there and avoid shipping costs.

Kind regards,
    Japan Experience
  • Options
    I received my SIM card from you and tried to download the Profile Data as described on page 8 of the instructions. The profile install program does not pop up, rather I get a general Umobile page. Can this be done in the US with my US (ATT) sim card or does it have to be done in Japan with the Umobile sim card? Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi Rhe,

The Japanese SIM has to be inserted into your phone for the part of the setup as described on page 8 of the instructions, it cannot be done with your US SIM. So you should do that part of the setup process once you're in Japan.

Best,
    Japan Experience
  • Options
    My son attempted to install the SIM per the instructions in the activation guide on page 8 (iPhone 6). He tells me that when he selects Install it asks for a password. 0000 does not work.