Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Act of Kindness and Honesty - only in Japan!

We rode the JR train from Mitsui Premium Outlet in Kobe to Osaka Station on the evening of March 25, 2016. We then decided to buy chocolates in a convenience store in Osaka Station. After 30 minutes, I realized I left my backpack in the Rapid Express train. By then, the train might have stopped at several stations and reached Kyoto perhaps or another city. My backpack contains all my ID’s, ATM cards, credit cards, Japan Yen, Philippine Peso and other belongings. We went to the Lost & Found Office but it was already close. We decided to approach the attendant in the booth near the ticket machines. She asked for the train departure time and station. She filled up a form and listed down the contents and description of the bag based on the picture we showed her. She called up somebody on the phone and after a few seconds, she was saying “Oki Oki” and giggling. Then she told me “Okay (with thumbs up) and wait”. I took note of the time in the form. It was 10:19pm when we reported the loss. She left the booth and came back after 15 minutes carrying my backpack. I was in awe and I couldn’t believe it. I was very lucky to get my bag back and it is a miracle I got it back in 15 minutes. Amazing!

I am sharing this story with you to show my gratitude to the lady who helped me because I feel that my thank you is not enough. You also have my permission to share this with everyone in your friends’ list.

Japan is a country of hospitable, kind, honest and helpful people. I have proven this over and over again in my 3-consecutive-year-travel to Japan. If you are looking for a good vacation spot, Japan should be on top of your list. You will enjoy your vacation not only because of the country’s beauty but also because of its people.

Comments