Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

Need advices on 2 weeks traveling in Japan

Hi all,

I will be going to Japan in January 2015 and would like some advice especially with JR passes and general advice. It's my first trip to Japan so I would like to know if my itinerary is sufficent with time .
Any recommendation on budgeted accommodation and food advices. Should i buy national JR pass or daily pass?

8/01 - arrives in Osaka at 825am
8/01 - 11/01 - Kyoto ( eastern and western Kyoto ) and Osaka ( Kita ,Minami , universal studio )
11/01 - 15/0 : Tokyo ( Shinjuku , harajuku , asakusa , Disney world )
16/01 - 20/ 01 : Hokkaido
21/01 - travel back to Tokyo

Your advices would appreciate much!
Thank you!

Comments

• Hi Sindyk,

Thanks for posting to the forum.

Wow, those are some long distances you're going to be traveling! If you're traveling by train from Tokyo to Hokkaido, be aware that it will take a very, very long time by train (you might look into flights instead). If your heart is set on traveling by train, then the rail pass is definitely the right choice for you, as it will save a lot of money on train tickets.

If you do decide to get a two week rail pass, you might consider adding our guidebook, which we have created specifically to include suggestions for accommodations and food near to all the major JR stations!
  • Try "Youkoso (Welcome)" flight program by Japan Airline. That's about $100 per way and you can fly to Hokkaido from Tokyo, both ways will be $200 per person. From January 8 to 15, that will be 8 days, I would buy 7-day JR pass (national), and make your itinerary to fit within 7 days, meaning that you take a long distance trip by Shinkansen to fit into 7 days between Osaka and Tokyo.