Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Takayama Hokuriko Pass

can we use the Takayama Hokuriko Pass travel to Mikimoto Pearl Island from Kyoto Station?

Thank you.

Mandy

Comments

• Options
    Hi Mandy,

No, the Takayama Hokuriku Pass does not cover travel down to Mikimoto Pearl Island in Toba.

From Kyoto the Takayama Hokuriku pass can take you as far as Nagoya (albeit in a very roundabout way, since the shinkansen is not covered by the pass), and you would then have to pay a separate fare to get from there to Toba Station, either using the JR Sangu Line or the privately-owned Kintetsu Line.

If you will just be doing a day trip, then simply paying for the train would be the best option, however if you will be staying for a while in the Ise/Toba area then we also offer the 5-day Ise Kumano Tourist Pass, which can be used to travel from Nagoya station down to Toba and could be an option for you: https://www.japan-rail-pass.com/pass-regional/central/ise-kumano-area-tourist-pass

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Can i use JR Pass for 3 days in Tokyo - 2 Days in Takayama - 3 days Osaka/Kyoto?
  • Options
    Total is 9 days for travel Japan, Arrived late night in Haneda Airport and go back by Kansai Airport. Actual trip only 8 days.
  • Options
    Hi,
    There is no pass for going one way to Kyoto though, and a 7 day pass would not pay off for such a one way trip, unless you extended it like taking a day trip down to see Hiroshima/Miyajima.
    For Tokyo there is a very convenient 3 day subway pass you could use.
    http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/travel/index.html#anc03

Since you are already seeing Tokyo, you can largely skip Osaka during the day. After the temples of Kyoto close down around 5PM, you can zip over to Osaka for the evening. At night the city comes alive and has some great places to see, such as Dotonbori, plus the night views from the Umeda Sky Bldg and Abeno Harukas Bldg are wonderful. I recommend instead you spend a day in Nara - it has some of Japan's best sights.