Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Visiting different towns in 1 day

Hello!

We are planning on leaving Hiroshima early am to arrive at Osaka late evening on same day (Dec29), and on the way to Osaka we would like to make a few stops, such as Fukuyama, Okayama, and Kobe. Is this feasible /reasonable in one day?
...considering we will have the 7day Pass on 1st class.

We will just walk around or take city trains to visit main attractions. We might not have time to tour inside some places, but we would like to see some nice sceneries (i.e. Tomonoura, a picturesque port town at the southern end of Fukuyama City).

Also, considering that winter is starting (Dec29). I don't know how cold it would be for walking outdoors.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Elsa

Comments

• Options
    Hi Elsa

That would be quite a lot of places to visit one day. There is quite a few things to see in all these places. I think it would be best to decide where you would like to visit for each of these places, then choose two or just one of the places. Otherwise you might not get to see very much.

In regards to the trains it is possible. It would take about 23 mins by train from Hiroshima to Fukuyama. 16 mins from Fukuyama to Okayama. Then 69 mins from Okayama to Kobe. You can check times using this website www.hyperdia.com

In the Winter months it does get cold, in the Kansai area it will be around 5.8 C / 42.4F.

Hope that helps.

Japan Experience

• Options
    Thank you! Yes, this information is very helpful!
  • Options
    I'm planning visit Akita on 30/3 until 31/3 from Kawasaki. It suppose I will go from 29/3/2015, please suggest me what city is the best one? fukushima or sendai? besides that on the other date I will visit yokohama too, is east jr pass cover yokohama too?