Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

14 Days in Japan with 7 days JR Pass. Is it ok with this itinerary?

Hi there! Me and my family will visit Japan this 23 October.
Is it to early to see cosmos in Hitachi Seaside Park?

This is my first time visit Japan, and here's my plan :
D1 : Arrived in Osaka (late night)
D2 : Osaka city tour
D3 : Osaka (Universal Studio)
D4 : Osaka - Kyoto
D5 : Kyoto (Meeting)
D6 : Kyoto city tour
D7 : Active my JR Pass : Kyoto - Nagoya (Nabano no sato なばなの里) and back to Kyoto
D8 : Kyoto - Tokyo
D9 : Tokyo - Ibaraki (Hitachi Seaside Park) - Tokyo
D10 : Tokyo city tour
D11 : Tokyo city tour
D12 : Tokyo (Disney Sea)
D13 : Tokyo - Indonesia

Did you guys think that my itinerary have too much city tour?
And for my plan for using JR Pass in Day 7, is it good enough?
Maybe you guys have some ideas for better itinerary, please let me know.

Thank you.

Regards,
Yuly

Comments

• Hi,
    Yes, you can make a 7 day pass pay off with your itinerary. Although you won't be able to use it for everything. For Hitachi Seaside Park you can take the JR train from Tokyo to Katsuta Stn and pay for a bus the rest of the way (about 20 minutes) or take a private train line (not covered by the JR Pass) to Isozaki Stn where it's just a few minutes on foot to the park. Be aware that it'll take nearly 2 hours to get there from Tokyo. You could also stop in Mito and see Kairakuen Garden too if you like. It's not the best season to go, but it is rated as one of the Top 3 traditional gardens in Japan.
    For Nabano no Sato you have to backtrack about 25 minutes from Nagoya to get near the park, then pay for a bus or taxi.

About the cosmos - you certainly won't be early - in fact you will be a little late. The season ends around mid-October there, although there is a chance that this year you might still see some.

Regarding the city tours, since you are already seeing Tokyo, you can largely skip Osaka during the day. After the temples of Kyoto close down around 5PM, you can zip over to Osaka for the evening. At night the city comes alive and has some great places to see, such as Dotonbori, plus the night views from the Umeda Sky Bldg and Abeno Harukas Bldg are wonderful. Instead, you can use that day and go see Nara - it truly is a muse see place.
    http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2165.html