Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Need advice, JR Kansai area Pass or JR Pass?

Hello there :)

Hi, I'm Dita.. I am going to visit Japan on May 2015. Landed in Kansai International Airport on 29th May 2015 in the morning. And head back from Kansai International Airport on 3rd June 2015 .

My friends and I plan to visit Kaiyukan Aquarium, Dotonbori, go to Kyoto and go to Tokyo Disneyland..
Which one is more effective and efficient between I buy the Japan Rail Pass, or Buy the JR Kansai area pass to go to Kyoto and around Osaka, and then buy train tickets ( return ) / overnight bus to go to Tokyo ??.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    Hi Dita

Thanks for your question. I would suggest getting the JR Pass as you are planning to travel around. This will cover your travel from Kansai airport into Osaka, Tokyo and back to Kansai. Also if you are planning to explore the Kansai region you can use the pass to get to Kyoto or Nara.

Hyperdia is very convenient to calculate if a Japan Rail Pass is worth buying in your case.

Please visit hyperdia.com:
    - In search conditions, write the departure and arrival location.
    - The search will provide you the fare for this travel.
    - Do the same for all your trips by train.
    - Just compare with the price of a JR Pass 7 days.
    (Check the price here : http://www.japan-rail-pass.com/)

You want to be sure, you can access to this train with a JRPass :
    - In “search details”, unclick “Nozomi, Mizuho, Hayabusa shinkansen” and “private railway”.
    - The search result will show you all the trains you can access with a Japan Rail Pass.

Hope that answers your question.

Best regards

Sarah
  • Options
    I See...

So it's better to take the JR Pass, yes I already try the hyperdia, it really useful.

Thank you for your Advice Sarah :)