Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Can JR pass use for Narita airport to Tokyo or Osaka?

Dear JR pass users

Can anyone share an experience for using JR pass commuting between Narita airport and City (Tokyo or Osaka).

I worry that JR pass not valid commuting from airport.

Your advise are greatly appreciated.

Sean

Comments

• Options
    Hi Sean

The Narita Express is part of the JR group so you can use the Japan Rail Pass to get from Narita into Tokyo. You can find more information here: www.japan-rail-pass.com/japan-by-rail/travel-tips/narita-tokyo

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Need Urgent advise on what JR pass to buy!
  • Options
    Hello, I will arrive in Japan on June 20th and will depart on June 26th stay for 5 days.
    5 nights in Tokyo & 1 night at Kyoto/Osaka or Planning to Mt Fuji.
    What kind of PASS/card should I purchase? Is it worthwhile to purchase a JR Rail pass or buy a Suica card?
    Itinerary:
    Day 1: June 20, arrive at Narita 18:30 Airport to Tokyo/Shinagawa (overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 2: June 21, Tokyo (overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 3: June 22, Tokyo (Overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 4: June 23, Tokyo (Overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 5: June 24, Kyoto/Osaka or Mt Fuji
    Day 6: June 25, Tokyo (Overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 7: June 26 Tokyo- Narita Airport
    Thanks for your advise.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hi,

We would advise comparing prices of the JR Pass and return ticket from Tokyo to Kyoto (www.hyperdia.com) as you may not necessarily need it. The JR Pass can not be used on private lines, so the only JR lines you can use it on within Tokyo are JR Yamanote and JR Chuo.

Kind regards,

Japan Experience
  • Options
    If you went Tokyo-Kansai-Tokyo and used the JR Pass for the Narita Express, a 7 day pass would pay off, although not by a lot. It is more convenient that constantly buying tickets though. You could significantly add value though with some side trips to Nikko, Himeji, or other places.