Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Kyoto to Osaka Pass

Hello, everyone!

My friends & I will be visiting Japan on November and we would like to go from Kyoto to Osaka.

Our entry point is Osaka, from Osaka we want to go straight to Kyoto and after our third day in Kyoto, we want to go back to Osaka.

I'm really confused with the kind of pass that we should get. Any help will be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ph&jpn

Comments

• Options
    Dear Ph&jpn,

Thank you for contacting us.

Hyperdia is very convenient to calculate if a Japan Rail Pass is worth buying in your case and to know which length is most cost-effective for your travel.

Please visit hyperdia.com:

- In search conditions, write the departure and arrival location (day and time does not really matter)
    - The search will provide you the fare for this travel (check "total price" under "take time")
    - Do the same for all your trips by train.

If you are just going from Osaka to Kyoto and staying in Kyoto during the day, then it would be cheaper just to buy a single ticket, which will cost you 560 yen.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Japan Experience
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Hi,
    You might look at the Icoca & Haruka discount ticket.
    http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_icoca_haruka.html

You can get some savings off of the Haruka train, which is a bit pricey.

The IC Card is also much more convenient that carrying around coins all the time.

In addition to Kyoto, you should not miss Nara either. Most of the best is in the Nara Park area.