We are going from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko on 17 April (Tuesday).
Our likely route, based on Hyperdia is:
Depart Shinjuku 0930 (Ltd Express Kaiji 101)
Arrive Otsuki 1037
Depart Otsuki 1050 (Fujisan Express 5)
Arrive Kawaguchiko 1137
We have a few questions:
(1) Our JR Pass will cover the Shinjuku to Otsuki travel. Where do we buy ticket for Otsuki to Kawaguchiko?
(2) When we pre-book our Shinjuku to Otsuki seats at the JR Station, can we book it all the way to Kawaguchiko (i.e. including the Fujikyu train?)
(3) If (2) is possible, can it only be done in Shinjuku Station or can we pre-book the tickets from Kyoto Station, where we will be the week before?
(4) There is only a transfer time of 13 minutes to get from JR Platform to Fujikyu Platform. Is this enough time?
(5) What if we miss the Fujisan Express train? Will the ticket be completely void?
(6) Is there a ‘through train’ all the way from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko, without getting off the train?
If there is a better train option other than the one we have chosen, please advise.
Thank you so much.