Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Haneda- Kyoto-Osaka -Tokyo

Hi

I am plan to visit Japan on March 26 to April 1, 2015 with itinerary as follow:
Arrived in Haneda - Kyoto (3N4D) - Tokyo (3N4D)

While in Kyoto I also plan to visit OSAKA (but still stay in Kyoto), and while I am in Tokyo I also plan to visit Kamura prefecture (one day return)

Can you suggest for the best choice for the transportation? Should I buy JRP for nation pass?

Thanks,
Endriyani

Comments

• Options
    Dear Endriyani,

Thank you very much for contacting us.

Hyperdia is very convenient to calculate if a Japan Rail Pass is worth buying in your case.

Please visit hyperdia.com:
    - In search conditions, write the departure and arrival location.
    - The search will provide you the fare for this travel.
    - Do the same for all your trips by train.
    - Just compare with the price of a JRPass 7, 14 or 21 days.
    (Check the price here : http://www.japan-rail-pass.com/)

You want to be sure, you can access to this train with a JRPass :
    - In “search details”, unclick “Nozomi, Mizuho, Hayabusa shinkansen” and “private railway”.
    - The search result will show you all the trains you can access with a Japan Rail Pass.

A Japan Rail Pass is not worth having primarily in 3 scenarios:

- If you are thinking about travelling between Tokyo and Kyoto and mostly stay in these two cities (for example arriving in Narita airport, and leaving Japan at the Kansai airport). It will cost more than a Tokyo-Kyoto one-way ticket. Also, the JR Pass cannot be used once in the city, except for the Yamanote line in the Japanese capital. Lastly, from Kyoto, you can go to Nara or Osaka with rail lines other than the JR for a reasonable price. In the city, taking a bus, walking or cycling are a must!
    - If you stay in Tokyo or Kyoto during your stay, because a local pass that can be bought there is more economical
    - If you stay in a region (Hokkaido, Kyushu) the local Passes sold there are more economical.