Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

WHAT KIND OF RAIL PASS DO WE NEED TO BUY?

Hello hi Tenjin, I am reposting this again because it seems that you have answered everybody's else questions except mine - and yes, it is OUR first time here and also first time wondering how to buy the JR Pass...this is our planned programme

Day 1 - Landing in Osaka at Night 9.35pm Kansai - staying near Sumiyoshi-ku > How do we go there? Are the trains still running by the time we come out of the Airport's Immigration check?

Day 2 - Osaka - Osaka Castle day time & Shinsaibashi dinner meetup with old friend

Day 3 - Osaka - Universal Studios Japan

Day 4 - Go to Kyoto morning (by Shinkansen - what time and which station do we leave from > Shin Osaka Station?)

Day 5 - Kyoto - dinner with Japanese friend

Day 6 - Go to Tokyo morning - will there be Shinkansen on a Sunday and what time is Shinkansen from Kyoto to Tokyo - I cannot understand the timetable that I downloaded in pdf from JR Central website - will stay in Shinjuku.

Day 7 - Tokyo - go to Studio Ghibli > Do we use JR Pass? We have SUICA cards

Day 8 - Go back to Osaka from Tokyo - what time is Shinkansen from Tokyo we must go if we want to visit Himeiji Castle on this day from Osaka

Day 9 - Osaka to Hiroshima / Miyajima Shrine

Day 10 - Osaka to Kansai - have to be at the airport at 8.30am. Plane leave at 10.30am.

So which JR Pass should we buy - 7 Day JR Pass or 14 Day JR Pass?

Hope to see good answer soon. Thank you so much!

Comments

• Hi,
    I didn't see your question, sorry. Things are a mess with a spammer assault.
    With your plans, you'd make both a 7 and 14 day pass pay off. But you'd get far greater value out of a 7 day pass used Days 4-10.
    As for getting from KIX to Osaka, there are several stations within the Sumiyoshi-ku district. You need to find the closest station to your hotel.
    You can see regular fares, routes and schedules on Hyperdia.
    http://www.hyperdia.com
    Under "More Options", be sure to uncheck the Nozomi box since you can't ride that train using the pass.
    You can use it to plan all your train trips.
    For the Ghibli Studio, you can use your JR Pass from Shinjuku down the Chuo Line, about 15 minutes, and get off at Mitaka Stn. You can also use the pass for the loop bus in Hiroshima, and JR ferry to Miyajima.

You can see previews of some of the best places to see in Japan on:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thejapanfaq/videos