Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

Planning to visit Japan in April

Hello,
We are 3 adults and a kid 10 years old. We're planning to visit Japan in April and need your advice about JR pass/Pasmo card, itineraries, and places to visit.
We're arriving to Narita airport and will need to continue immediately to Osaka since we have apartments rented for 1 week there.
We're going to visit Kyoto, Nara, Kobe and even Hiroshima while staying in Osaka.
After a week we will move to Tokyo and stay there for an additional week. From Tokyo we're planning to visit Yokohama, Kamakura, Nikko and mount Fuji.
The first question is about JR Pass and Pasmo card. As far as I understood, we will need JR pass for 2 weeks. Do we also need to buy a Pasmo card for Tokyo and Osaka subway, or JR pass is enough?
Second - Could you please recommend the best itinerary from Narita airport to Osaka Namba station? Our flight arrives at 11.30 AM on Saturday 28/03.
And of course I will be happy to get your tips and advice about the places I've mentioned above.
Thank you,
Bella

Comments

• Hi Bella,

If you exchange your pass at Narita Airport you can use the N'EX (Narita express) to get you from the Airport to Tokyo station, and then a shinkansen train to Shin-Osaka station. From Shin-Osaka you can take the subway Midosuji Line to Namba station. The subway is not covered by the Japan Rail Pass, in both Tokyo and Osaka, and any city in fact. Therefore it is best to get a pasmo card for all your journeys in the subway. The same pasmo card will work in Kyoto, Osaka, Tokyo and all other major cities around Japan.

Your itinerary sounds great! For any tips on where to go and what to see (as there are too many to list here), please feel free to visit www.japan-guide.com.

Enjoy Japan!

Kind regards,

Japan Experience
  • Thank you very much for your useful comment!
    Bella