Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

was anyone asked to provide a copy of your passport when ordering JR pass?

Is this normal ??! I don't even know if the dodgy looking e-mail I got after placing my order came from this website: just sent a message requesting explanation. Anyway I felt as a criminal. It's going to be my second trip within last 6 months so what, does it make me suspicious ? Is it usual procedure to provide a scan of a passport when buying a JR pass ? I bought quite a few within last years and never got any problems. I was so happy with your website and quick delivery last time I used it and I'd like to keep the good opinion I had about your services.

Comments

• Options
    Dear Alicja,

Thank you for your comment. Sometimes security checks are required to protect our customers. We do this to ensure their card has not been misused in any way. The check may be required in several instances. For example if large orders have been placed, if there is an inconsistency with the billing address and delivery address, as well as other circumstances. We do not mean to make anyone feel as a criminal. Again, this is only a procedure to ensure the safety of our customers shopping online.

Kind regards,

Japan Experience