Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

Itineraries and Rail Pass Help

I am a family of 4 with two daughters (10 and 12 years old), and I will arrive Kansai Airport on 6/8 3pm afternoon. All together, we stay 7 days/ 6 nights in Japan. My departure international flight is 6/14 10:40am in Kansai Airport.
Can you please help me to
1) Review/plan the itineraries?
2) Determine where/what city to stay. I will look for airbnb convenient location. It has to be close to transportation stop from airport train/bus stop. I can't handle all luggage by myself for over 10 minutes walk. :)
3) Which regional pass to buy (Kansai Pass or National Pass)? I am thinking to buy Kansai Wide Area Pass, which only has 5 days?

6/8 3pm - Arrival KIX, go to airbnb check-in
6/9 - Full day City tour near-by? Dotonbori, ramen museum
6/10- Universal studio?
6/11- Kyoto tour?
6/12- Kobe tour?
6/13- City tour? Ramen Museum
6/14- Departure flight 10:40am at KIX airport. check out in the early morning.

Any suggestion and help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Steven

Comments

• There really is no Kansai pass that can help you much without a lot of long distance travel.
    I suggest you look at getting a Icoca & Haruka discount ticket - you can save some good money on the Haruka train to/from KIX.
    The only pass that may help a bit is the Hanshin Tourist Pass.
    http://www.hanshin.co.jp/global/en/tourist/
    But it won't help going to all the places.
    Honestly though you are really shortchanging yourself with some of your plans. Kyoto and Nara are the crown jewels of traditional Japan, and worth a lot of your attention. I would devote more time like 6/12-13 for there. Kobe and Osaka you can see after the temples of Kyoto close down around 5 PM. At night Osaka really comes alive and has some great places to see, such as Dotonbori, plus the night views from the Umeda Sky Bldg and Abeno Harukas Bldg are wonderful.

Be aware that you will be going to Japan during the rainy season - check the weather forecast each morning before heading out, and have a back up plan just in case. Some ideas are the Osaka aquarium, Kyoto rail museum, and others. The humidity will be very high as well so be ready to sweat like a pig.

You can see previews of some of the best places to see in Japan on:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thejapanfaq/videos

Hope that helps.