Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

I am going to Japan with Short term business Visa, am I eligible for Japan Rail Pass?

Hello,
I am going to Japan end of this month. Main purpose is to visit JIMTOF 2014, but I also want to spend 1 or 2 days to travel in Japan.
Because of short time, I want to order JRP in advance. But I not yet receive my VISA so I am not sure if I am eligible for it or not (I am apply for Short time business VISA).
Please advice...Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Ngocng, thank you for your message.

Actually the Japan Rail Pass is eligible only for tourist with the status ‘Temporary Visitor ‘ which is an authorisation for people visiting Japan for tourism and staying for less than 90 days (and which is generally granted automatically on your arrival into Japan.
    People who are visiting for non-tourism purposes (working holiday, military, diplomatic, cultural, research, work, etc.) can't use Japan Rail Pass.

I'm really sorry for that...

If you have another question, please ask us anytime.

Thank you.

• Options
    Hello,
    I am going to Japan with the VISA as in the link below (because I can't send you a photo so I have to upload it to dropbox).
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qa4cyan282ucdj/Visa picture.jpg?dl=0
    Can you let me know if I am eligible for JR Pass.
    Thank you very much!
  • Options
    Hello,

Thank you for your message.
    If your visa is Temporary visa for tourism, you can use Japan Rail Pass but it seems your visa is for business. In this case you can't use Japan Rail Pass.

But there is a lot of train pass in Japan. I don't know where you would like to visit, but if it's in Tokyo, there is one day subway ticket, etc.

Thank you again for your message.