Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

14 day rail pass

Hi I am wondering if I should buy a 14 day rail pass. I will be wanting to do the following itineary:

Kansai Airport to KiiKatsuura
KiiKatsuura to Shin-Osaka
Shin-Osaka to Miyajima
Miyajima to Shin-Osaka
Shin-Osaka to Himeji
Himeji to Okayama
Okayama to Shin-Osaka
Shin-Osaka to Hakata
Hakata to Mount Aso
Mount Aso to Hakata
Hakata to Yufuin
Yufuin to Hakata
Hakata to Fujisawa
Fujisawa to Odawara
Odawara to Fujisawa
Fujisawa to Kamakura
Kamakura to Fujisawa
Fujisawa to Haneda Airport

I will be doing lots of these trips as daytrips and basing myself in Shin-Osaka, Hakata and Fujisawa. I will arrive in Kansai Airport to exchange my JR pass but will they be able to book all the itinearies for me and what if I decied to change the date for an itineary is the weather is bad?

Lastly, I was thinking of travelling on the Yufuin No Mori service from Hakata to Yufuin on the 18th of January 2015 and I saw that they operate a 0924 and 10ish service from Hakata non stop. But when I checked with Hyperdia I noticed that there is no such service. Is it that the timetable is not out yet as it is so far in advance?

Hoping to hear your advice.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    I see you are going to Kanasai to Kyushu, then to Kanto area, within 14 days? You listed 18 points of interests, within the information provided, 14 days of JR pass seems short. If you are visiting multiple places in one day, then 14 days JR pass will be OK, but I would carefully plan how they fit.