Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

National JR rail pass

Hi, can I use national JR RAIL PASS from kansai airport to shinsaibashi station ? From kansai airport to Tennoji station & then switch to midosuji line to shinsaibashi station. Is it all cover under JR rail pass?

Comments

• Options
    My whole trip itinerary are as follows:

14/12 - reach kansai airport ( stay near shinsaibashi station ) can JR rail pass be use till shinsaibashi station?

15/12 - travel to Kyoto
    16/12 - travel to universal studio
    17/12 - travel in Osaka
    18/12 - travel to Miyajima then to Hiroshima

We will be staying near shinsaibashi for 5 nites but travel itinerary as per above

19/12 till 21/12 travel to Nagoya ( 2 nites in Nagoya )

21/12 - travel to Tokyo ( 5 nites in Tokyo )
    22/12 - a day in Tokyo
    23/12 - travel to Disneyland
    24/12 - travel to Disney sea
    25/12 - travel along Yamanote line from shibuya till shinjuku station

26/12 - travel to takayama ( stay there for 3 nites)
    29/12 - stay in shin Osaka ( 2 nites )
    31/12 - back to kansai airport

Is above 14 days national JR RAIL PASS worth to buy coz we travel in a group of 4 people .. Any recommendation to use kansai subway ( 3 days pass from 14/12 till 16/12 ) . Pls comment
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Hi,
    The Midosuji Line is the city subway so it's not covered by the pass. The subway is not expensive, however.
    You can make a 14 day pass pay off with your plans, used Dec 18-31. But it seems to me that to go to Takayama you need to go by Nagoya anyways, so you might as well go to Takayama right after going to Nagoya. It's up to you though.

As far as getting from KIX and local city transport, an Icoca & Haruka discount ticket can help.
    http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_icoca_haruka.html
    If time runs short, for local sights taking a taxi also becomes a good option since there are 4 of you.

I'd also recommend taking a day away from Osaka and see Nara - it is well worth it. Lastly, on the last few days of the year, some places are closed, so look at the websites of the places you plan to visit and check first. Have some back up plans just in case.
  • Options
    Can I use national JR rail pass in Keiyo line ( Tokyo station to maihama station ) & also all Yamanote line. Coz I found both line was under JR LINE. PLS COMMENT
  • Options
    Both are operated by JR East, so yes.