Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

Suitable JR Station at these locations

Hi,

I have gotten a 21-day JR Pass and wish to seek your professional advise which JR Station is suitable for me to arrange for my accommodation and transfer from one prefecture to another without changing any public transportation..

1. Narita airport to Tokyo

2. Tokyo to Aomori

3. Aomori to Hakodate

4. Hakodate to Sapporo

5. Sapporo to Otaru

6.Sapporo to Furano

7. Tokyo to Nikko

8. Nikko to Nagoya

9. Nagoya to Hiroshima

10. Hiroshima to Nagasaki

11. Nagasaki to Himeji

12. Himeji to Kyoto

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi,
    The question is kind of unclear. So you don't want to change your transportation a lot from your hotel to the JR line? Then why not find a hotel near the JR station? There are many inexpensive business hotel chains like Toyoko Inn, Superhotel, Comfort Inn, Route Inn, Dormy Inn, etc and unless you want something fancier, you'll find them quiet, decent, comfortable, conveniently located, not to mention free wi-fi and many even throw in breakfast for free.

BTW there is a huge gap between Furano and Tokyo - were you planning to fly? If you were thinking of taking the train, that would completely murder the whole day, taking over 11½ hours of sitting on trains and waiting in stations. Flying on a cheap low cost carrier like Jet Star, Peach or Vanilla from Sapporo would make a lot more sense.
  • Hi Tenjin,

Thank you for sharing.

As I am a sole traveler and this is my first time visiting your beautiful country, I wish to work out a budget for this trip.

I wish to search for some quiet place to stay which is near the JR station so that I don't have to figure out any transit and save me from carrying my luggage far away.

Yes, you are correct, I will be flying back from Furano to Tokyo instead.
    Cheers!
  • Tokyo: Tokyo Station or Ueno Station

Aomori: Shin Aomori Station

Hakodate: Hakodate Station

Sapporo: Sapporo Station

Otaru: Otaru Station

Furano: Furano Station

Nikko: Nikko Station (JR)

Nagoya: Nagoya Station

Hiroshima: Hiroshima Station

Nagasaki: Nagasaki Station

Himeji: Himeji Station

Kyoto: Kyoto Station

Please note that you may have troubles finding budget-friendly accommodation next to some of these stations. A few of them may not have convenient options for staying very close by.

Hoping this helps!
  • Hi Faiyez,
    Thanks for sharing.

Do all these stations have connecting JR lines whereby I can find some where else ?
    Any good location to recommend ?
    Thank you.
  • Hi there,
    If you are wondering anytime for finding luggage lockers, for your information, this might be helpful for you to know about the place of where you can keep your luggage while you are travelling japan. You can use ‘Tebura’ for keeping your luggage. You can have a look. Search by ‘tebura ninja’.
    Have a nice trip!
  • Hi Shahed, Thanks for the good suggestion. I will do that if I need to make a detour along my trip.