Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

Need advice on whether to buy rail pass

Hi
Would be traveling to tokyo on 23 April and and going to osaka on 26-28 April. Will then go back to tokyo till 6 may. Should I purchase any JR pass and do I need 7 or 14 days pass? Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

If Osaka is the only major city you will be travelling to for a period of 3 days, then a 7 day JR Pass would be sufficient. The 7 days only begins once you have exchanged a voucher at a JR station,meaning the validity period will only begin from the 26th if that is when you would like it to start.

As April is quite a busy period in Japan, due to the cherry blossom season, we generally suggest purchasing a Green JR Pass to increase your chances of getting a seat on a train.

Although the trains are quite busy, Japan is absolutely stunning in April. You are sure to have an amazing time!

Kind regards,

Japan Experience
  • Hi I will be in Japan for 5 days and will be staying 3 nights in Tokyo & 1 night at Hakone. Planning to Mt Fuji and to Kawazu. What kind of rail pass should i purchase?
  • Hi, to be exact, I am planning for my trip as:
    Day 1: Narita to Tokyo (overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 2: Tokyo to Kawazu (overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 3: Tokyo- Mt Fuji (Overnight in Hakone)
    Day 4: Hakone - Tokyo (Overnight in Tokyo)
    Day 5: Tokyo- Narita (home sweet home)

Is is worthwhile to purchase a JR Rail pass? Thanks for your advise.
  • Thanks for the advise. Was thinking to add 1 or 2 night stay in hakone as I plan to visit hakone shrine. Will the JR pass be useful to travel from tokyo to the shrine?
  • Hi, I am planning my trip to Nagoya as,

9 Dec . Nagaya Airport to Takayama (stay 3 day 2 night)
    10 Dec . Day trip to Shirakawa go then back to Takayama
    11 Dec From Takayama to Gero (overnight 1 day)
    12 Dec . From Gero to Nagoya (Stay 3days n 2 night)
    13 and 14 Dec sightseeing in Nagoya
    15 Dec from Nagoya to airport.

Please advise me should i buy JR Rail pass. Will be travel with 2 kids and 2 adult.

Thank you.