Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

Japan Travel

Hi, I am traveling to Japan on next April. I have a few questions on the JR Pass.
1. Can I use JR Pass right after exchanging at Narita to go to Nippori Station Adachi?
2. I am also planning to visit Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Matsumoto, Nara and Nikko during my visit. How can I use JR pass to the fullest to travel to these areas?
3. is it worth buying 14 days or 7 days. Since I will be in Tokyo initially for four days, is it advisable to buy a 7 day pass and activate it after 4th day?

I thank you in advance.

Comments

• Hi,
    1) Yes. You can take the Narita Express to Tokyo Stn then transfer to a local train to Nippori. The Keisei Skyliner would be faster, but you'd need to pay for it.
    2) Your question is unclear. The pass can take you to all the places you mention. You can see regular fares, routes and schedules on Hyperdia.
    http://www.hyperdia.com
    3) Without knowing your full itinerary it's uncertain if you can make a 14 day pass pay off. Clearly if you go to all places on a 7 day pass, you'd get the most savings, but that is a very packed itinerary for 7 days.