Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum

SUICO CARD

hi there

quick question regarding SUICO card, is credit card acceepted if i put money to my suico card?

Comments

• Hi!

No, unfortunately the Suica top-up machines only accept payment in cash. You can top up a maximum of 10,000 yen at one time.

Japan Experience
  • more question please?

in my understanding we can buy SUICO card in the airport and for sure they accept credit card?

we are going to buy Hakone pass and was reading the Odakyu website on how to buy free pass and it says "Confirm the details of the Freepass, and touch Payment method (cash, credit card)" so i guess i can pay it by credit card?

just want to make sure how much cash (YEN) we are going to bring for i know ( base on what i search) it's not easy to change dollar to yen.
  • If you buy a SUICA card from a vending machine, you cannot pay by credit card.

However, if you buy a SUICA card from a JR East ticket counter (midori no madoguchi), you can pay by credit card.

You can't top up your SUICA card with extra money using a credit card anywhere. You can top up using cash only.

The Hakone Freepass is a completely different pass offered by Odakyu. If they state that you can pay by credit card, then you can do so.

Japan is a very cash-based society, so it's always a good idea to have some money on you - you can't assume that you'll be able to pay by card everywhere. Banks, larger post offices and currency exchange offices will be able to exchange your dollars for yen.

You can also withdraw money from post office ATMs and 7-Eleven convenience store ATMs using your foreign card. They have English-language menus.

I hope this helps!

Japan Experience
  • thank you very much.. really appreciate your reply.. looks like your SUICO card is out of stock?? anyway, still early for us to purchase our card for our travel time is on Nov.

once again thank you!!