Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Is advisable to get 7 days JR Pass with my itenirary?

We will travel on May 19 -25. Arrive Osaka 19th8pm. Tour within Osaka. Travel Tokyo 22 AM take Shin train. Sight seeing Tokyo, Mt. Fuji. On the 25 th Travel home Manila Narita Airport. Can I use the JR pass during my tour. Is it advisable to buy 7 day JR pas.any suggestion on my iterinary.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

It is possible to use the JR Pass during your trip. Your most expensive journey would be between Osaka and Tokyo, which costs roughly around 14,000 yen. Then if your intention is to mainly stay in Tokyo, with a side trip to Mount Fuji, the 7 day JR Pass would actually work out more expensive than simply purchasing train tickets. To help you plan an itinerary and help you decide wether the JR Pass would be more cost effective. we would suggest using www.hyperdia.com, which will give you possible routes and prices.

Sincerely,

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Hi
    My wife and I together with another couple arrive Kyoto on evening of June 11,2015 and depart to homeland on June 22. We plan to make Kyoto our home base during our visit to Japan as our son just got a job recently at Kyoto University.
    Is it possible and advise able to see Hiroshima and Nagasaki on a 7 day JR pass?
    Can anyone please suggest an itinerary?