Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

7days JR pass

Hi,
My family and I will be travelling to Japan from 27/11 to 3/12 and covering : Tokyo-Osaka-Kobe-Kyoto-Nara-Tokyo. We would like to purchase the 7 days pass but would like to know if the 7 days pass can cover all listed itineraries?

Thank you and Regards
Gena

Comments

• Options
    Hi Gena

Yes the 7 day JR Pass would cover all of these places. You just need to make sure all your travel is done within the 7 days. Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience

• Options
    Thank you very much for the information.
  • Options
    HI Sir, I just want to ask you. If I want to go to Sapporo from Tokyo.Can I use JR Pass all the way ? Do I have to pay for the reserved seat all the way from Tokyo to Sapporo ? I am plaining to go in April 2016. Please kindly reply.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Hendra.

• Options
    Hi Hendra

Yes you can use the pass on the train from Tokyo to Sapporo. You need to take the JR Tohoku Shinkansen from Tokyo to Shin-Aomori Station. Then from Shin-Aomori Station take the JR Hakucho Ltd Exp to Hakodate. The from here to Sapporo you take the JR Hokuto Ltd Express. You can reserve seats for free at a JR ticket office.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Hi Sir,

Can we use the JR pass to take the bullet train from Tokyo to Osaka ?

Thank You.

With Best Regards,
    Joyce
  • Options
    Hi Joyce

You can use the JR Pass on the bullet train called Hikari between Tokyo and Osaka. There is a bullet train called Nozomi that runs between these cities, however you cannot use the Nozomi train with the JR Pass.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Hi Sir,

In this case, I only can take the bullet train called Hikari from Tokyo to Osaka ?

Thank You. =)

With Best Regards,
    Joyce Lye
  • Options
    Yes that's correct. Have a great time in Japan

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Hi. I have the following questions about the Japan Rail Pass :

1. Can I make unlimited trips on the Tokyo monorail with the 7 day JR Pass? In addition to the return trip on monorail from Haneda Airport to Hamamatsucho and hotel, I also want to use the monorail to go to Tennozu Isle. Is this part of the JR pass?

2. Does the JR pass cover the Yurikamome line to Tokyo Big Sight?

3. How many days in advance can I reserve seats for the Hikari Shinkansen from Tokyo to Osaka using the JR Pass?

Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    Hi Estherl

Yes you can use the Tokyo Monorail as much as you like, with the JR Pass as long as it is valid. This includes the monorail to Haneda, Hamamatsucho and Tennozu Isle. The JR Pass is also valid on the JR Yamanote line.

Unfortunately the Yurikamome line is not covered by the Japan Rail Pass.

As long as you have exchanged the JR Pass voucher for the actual pass you can reserve seats for the Hikari on the dates that you wish to travel on.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience