Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Tokyo to sapporo

Hi, I'll be Travelling from Tokyo to Sapporo. Am I able to use the Jr pass if I want to travel to some places of interest in tokyo and Sapporo as well? May I know which is the correct pass for me to purchase. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    You can use the Yamanote Line within Tokyo which goes to many popular tourist spots. Very little help within Sapporo. The question is, unless you're stopping at some places along the way, why would you get a pass to go all the way to Sapporo? It would take over 8½ hours sitting on trains, completely murdering the day. You could fly on a cheap low cost carrier like Jet Star, Vanilla Air or Peach for about $50 one way and arrive within 2 hours.
  • Options
    We took the new Hokkaido shinkensen to Sapporo yes it takes a lot of time but train trip was wonderful.We stayed 4 days then went to Hakodate then Morioka before travelling to Kyoto .Iloved it the scenery was amazing.We brought 21 day pass It is very expensive on Shinkensen to Sapporo without pass we made good use of a 21 day japan Rail pass.