Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Tokyo to Fukuoka to Narita

Hi there,

I'll travel to tokyo with my company and plan to extend my stay.I plan to get Jr National Pass 7 days. Wondering if it's possible to cover the itinerary like below?

11 May - Reach Tokyo 8am (with company until 15 May)
15 May - Tokyo city
16 May - Tokyo Disneyland
17 May - Tokyo to Kyoto (Activate my7 days JR Pass)
18 May - Nara (day trip)
19 May - Kyoto
20 May - Osaka
21 May - Fukuoka
22 May - Fukuoka (night train back to Narita Airport)
23 May - Flight home at 10.30am
OR
22 May - Fukuoka to Tokyo
23 May - Tokyo to Narita Airport

My questions:
1) Will JR pass cover all the above places? including my trip to Narita Airport?

2) When I reach a city (Osaka/Kyoto/Fukuoka), can I reach the major tourist attractions with JR pass? Or I need to buy other tickets for subway/metro/buses?

3) Is better to take over night train from Fukuoka to Narita airport? Or to go back to Tokyo on 22 May? If night train, is this cover by JR Pass as well?

4) When I'm in Tokyo on 15-17 May, what type of passes would you recommend me to get? As I see many types of tickets. Or I can get single ticket when I need it?

5) For trip to Osaka, I plan to make a day trip from Kyoto so that I don't have to move my luggage. Or is it more convenient to go to Fukuoka from Osaka?

6) With the travel date as above, do I need to reserve the seat for all my trips on JR?

Sorry for all the questions... Hope to hear from you soon and thank you in advance for your patience... Have a nice day!

Regards,
Stella

Comments