Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Travelling: Tokyo-Osaka-Tokyo

Hi,

I'll be travelling to Tokyo and arriving at the Haneda airport at around midnight. I'll be in Japan from 14th till 20th March and I'm planning to buy the 7 days pass. I'm wondering:

1) From Haneda airport, is there a train that I can use with the JR Pass to go to Osaka? And if there is, what time is the first train?
2) Can I use the JR Pass to travel around Osaka and to go back to Tokyo, and then to go back to Haneda airport?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Hanif

Comments

• Options
    Hi Hanif

As you are arriving quite the late you would need to travel to Osaka the next morning. From Haneda you would need to travel to Shinagawa station to catch the shinkansen to Osaka. The first train from Shinagawa to Shin-Osaka is at 6:34 a.m. However if you are planning to use the JR Pass you will need to exchange the voucher for the pass before you can get the train. The exchange office at Haneda does not open until 7:45 a.m, or 9 a.m. in Shinagawa station. You can find the train schedule here www.hyperdia.com.

You want to be sure you can access to the trains for free with a Japan Rail Pass :
    - In “search details”, unclick “Nozomi, Mizuho, Hayabusa Shinkansen” and “private railway”.
    - The search result will show you all the trains you can access with a Japan Rail Pass.

You can use the JR Pass on the journey from Tokyo to Osaka and back to the airport, using the Tokyo Monorail. You are unable to use the JR Pass on the subway in Osaka, but you can use it on the JR Osaka Loop line.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Thanks a lot! That really helps!