Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

which pass to buy for 10 day intinerary

Hi!

I'd like to know what will be the best pass to go if this itinerary for two as below:

Day 1 - Osaka ((Osaka Castle, Shinsaibashi)
Day 2 - Osaka (Universal Studio)
Day 3 - Osaka - Kyoto
Day 4 - Kyoto
Day 5 - Kyoto
Day 6 - Kyoto - Tokyo
Day 7 - Tokyo
Day 8 - Tokyo - Mt Fuji
Day 9 - Tokyo
Day 10 - Tokyo

Please let me know if JR Pass will cover the travel expense for this trip or if we will be needing to pay additional fee. Also, is it worth to buy the 7 days JR Pass for this kind of itinerary?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Hi OPW

The 7 day JR Pass would cover travel to these areas, however as you are only making one large journey Kyoto to Tokyo it will be slightly cheaper to pay as you go, you can find train fares here: www.hyperdia.com.

For travel to Mt Fuji if you pay as you go there are a couple of options you can take a bus or Odakyu train from Shinjuku. Or if you are using the JR Pass you can take the shinkansen to Odawara then from there the local transport would not be covered by the JR Pass.

For travel from Kansai airport to Osaka you could get the Kansai regional pass for one day this would be a slightly cheaper than paying a regular fare. You can find more information here: https://www.japan-rail-pass.com/pass-regional/kansai/jr-kansai-area-pass/order.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice, if i am not using the 7 days JR pass what will be the cheaper option to go for me to travel in each city?
  • Options
    Hi OPW

The cheapest way would be to pay for regular tickets, you can only get these when you are in Japan. For travel from Kansai Airport to Osaka it is cheaper to get a one day Kansai pass. Hope that is clearer.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Options
    if i proceed with 7days JR pass + Kansai 1 day pass for Kansai Airport to Osaka. what other pass i need to buy and when is the sate i should start to you the JR pass?
  • Options
    Hi OPW

As you are only making one major journey from Kyoto to Tokyo it would be cheaper not to get the 7 day JR Pass and just get a regional pass for traveling from Kansai airport into Osaka. For the rest of the travel to purchase regular train tickets once you are in Japan.

f you have any further questions or anything is unclear you can also contact us by phone or email. You can find details here: https://www.japan-rail-pass.com/about-us/contact

Hope that helps

Best regards

Japan Experience