Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

7 day or 14 day JR Pass?

Hi,

We are going to Japan for 10 days. I would like to know which JR Pass would be better for this itinerary:

Day 1- Day 4: Tokyo
Day 5-Day 7 :Osaka
Day 8: Kyoto
Day 9- Day 10: Tokyo

Thank you for your help in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

Unless you think you need a pass for your entire trip, I would recommend a 7-day JR Pass for this trip. If you waited to activate this pass until your fourth day in Tokyo, the cost of the Shinkansen journeys alone would more than pay for the cost of the pass. It would save you quite a lot of money.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Hello,

Thank you so much for that suggestion! When we go around Tokyo, what's the best Tokyo Metro ticket to purchase? The Tokyo Metro 1-Day Open Ticket or Tokyo Combination Ticket?

Again, thank you so much for your help.
  • Options
    Hello,

It depends which subway lines you will be travelling on. A Tokyo Metro Pass will only be valid on Tokyo Metro Lines, but a combination ticket would allow you to use Toei Lines as well, if necessary.

Depending on how much to plan to use the subway, it might be better to buy single tickets each time you ride.

This article explains and lists all the day passes that are offered on the Tokyo subway: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html

Best Regards,

Japan Experience