Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

14 days or 21 days JR pass.

Hello,
I am debating between 14 days and 21 days JR pass. We will be in Japan April 10 - May 1st. We will spend April 11 - 19 in Tokyo with side trips to Yokoshima, Kamatura, Enoshima and Nikko. If we buy 14 days pass, we plan to start to use it on April 18 on the day trip to Nikko and then continue on to Kyoto, etc.. Does it make a sense to buy 21days pass to cover a trip from the Narita airport and to Yokoshima, Kamatura, Enoshima on April 10- 17? Financially I will overpay around $30 for 21 days JR pass vs buying individual tickets for local trips from Tokyo. But would it be more convenient with a pass? Also, did JR pass just went up in price?
Thank you,
Maria

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

It's up to you. While using a JR Pass can be convenient because you don't have to stand in line and then work out which ticket to buy from the ticket machines at the station, if you've worked out that you will pay more money by buying a 21-day pass rather than buying individual tickets then it may be better for you to buy the 14-day pass.

As for the price of the pass, it is a fixed price in Japanese Yen. The price changes for you because you pay the appropriate amount in your country's currency, based on the current exchange rate.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Japan Experience