Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Tokyo-Kyoto-Fukuoka

Hello, I would appreciate a little of help here. I'm thinking about going to the 3 places I've mentioned but I don't know which one would be the best option. I haven't book anything yet so I can go first to any of the cities. I want to arrive the 23rd of March and leave the 3rd of April. My idea is the first weekend or the last one in Tokyo. I would prefer to take the 7 day JR Pass.
Any suggestion would be great!
Thank you so much!!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Alomarti

As you are visiting during the busiest time to Japan, it would be best to try and arrange accommodation and then work around that. Accommodation in Kyoto for this period can be booked up a year in advance. So for Kyoto you may need to stay outside the city and travel in from another area such as Osaka. Tokyo will also be very busy during this time.

I would either start in Fukuoka or Tokyo then visit Kyoto in the middle as it's on route.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Hi, thank you very much for your help.
    Finally I have decided to do Tokyo-Kyoto-Hiroshima-Tokyo but I need a little help, please.
    Once I get to the airport at Japan, which train should I take to go to Kyoto?? Because as soon as I arrive, I want to go to Kyoto, exactly to Kusatsu.
    Thank you very much for your help!
  • Options
    Hi,

Will you be arriving at Narita Airport in Tokyo? From Narita you can take the Narita Ltd. Express train to Shinagawa, and from there you can take the Shinkansen to Kyoto. From Kyoto station, you can take the JR Biwako line to Kusatsu. The whole journey will take around 4 hours.

Best regards,

Japan Experience