Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Re: Advice on JR Pass

Hi!

I'm travelling alone to Kyoto, Osaka, Hokkaido and Tokyo sometimes in Sept. About 15days. At each destination I hope to visit some places ie. nature and taste of local food, etc.
Initially I wanted to fly from Osaka to Hokkaido but on a second thought, hey, since I hardly ride on the bullet trains, why not give a shot? So I will take a train to Hokkaido from Osaka, and from Hokkaido back to Tokyo.
As there are some 'internal' travels by buses or trains within each location, should I buy a JRPass (7 or 14D?) and if the JR Pass comes in handy in Hokkaido as I will spend extra days there?

Will be so glad to hear your advice.

Willie

Comments

• Options
    Dear Willie

As you are travel long distances the JR Pass would be the most cost effective way of traveling.

With the JR Pass you can take the new Hokkaido shinkansen that opened on the 26th March. You can also use the JR Pass on JR lines up in Hokkaido.

You can find schedules for the trains here, www.hyperdia.com.

You want to be sure you can access to the trains for free with a Japan Rail Pass :
    - In “search details”, unclick “Nozomi, Mizuho, Hayabusa Shinkansen” and “private railway”.
    - The search result will show you all the trains you can access with a Japan Rail Pass.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Japan Experience